Junior Terps Home MDWAY Home
REVISIONS - MDWAY presents the Maryland “Two for One” State Wrestling Championships.
During these tough economic times, we have decided to tweak some of the MDWAY procedures to continue to strengthen our Regional concept and, at the same time, insure great competition and wrestling opportunities. The basic changes are as follows:
1) Wrestling in the MDWAY State Championships will be a prequalification for attending the NUWAY Nationals. NUWAY National details are TBA.
2) If your region was cancelled, wrestlers will be able to "cross" regions as necessary to meet their individual schedules. Regional entry costs will remain $25. Regional "true second place" wrestlers will be determined. Wrestlers that finish 1st & 2nd may proceed to the State Championships without a further entry fee. 1st & 2nd place winners get TWO tournaments for the price of ONE. Regional wrestlers must enter the State Championships prior to leaving the Regional Event.
3) Remaining regional wrestlers may proceed to the State Championships with a $25 entry fee. They too must enter the State Championships prior to leaving the Regional event.
4) Once the Regional events have passed, MD wrestlers, of cancelled regions, will STILL be allowed to enter the State Championships. For these open entries, the State Championship entry fee will be $30. These open entries must be received by 02/20/2012.
5) Every wrestler will be required to present a NUWAY Card at weigh-ins. The cards will be obtained on-line and the cost is $15. Wrestlers will select their HOME REGION, as their team when they obtain their cards.
6) If a question is raised, wrestlers will also be responsible to have proof of age available.
7) All weigh-ins, for the State Championships, will be on Sat. 02/25/2012 from 6:00-8:00 pm. The weigh-ins will occur at UMBC, in Western MD (site TBA), and in Southern MD (site TBA) ALL wrestlers must be pre-entered, have a NUWAY Card, and wear briefs/singlet for weigh-ins.
8) There are no walk-ins, or phone-ins, or e-mail entries. Once entered, there will be no weight changes.
9) The MDWAY State Championships will have limited chart separation by Club, Region, and Accomplishments. All decisions, of the tournament director, will be final on all matters.
10) MDWAY will award State medals for places 2 thru 6. The winners will get a custom State Championship SINGLET. There will be no "true seconds" determined at the State Champ’s.
11) Additional information and pdf documents will be displayed on the MDWAY information page .
(ALL participation qualifies wrestlers to the NUWAY National Championships)
(ALL Champions will receive a custom MDWAY Championship Singlet)
6 & Under, 40 45 50 55 85
8 & Under, 45 50 55 60 65 70 75 95
10 & Under, 55 60 65 70 75 80 85 90 97 105 135
12 & Under, 65 70 75 80 85 90 95 101 108 115 122 140 170
14 & Under, 80 85 90 95 101 108 115 122 130 140 150 165 185 225
Ages as of 12/31/2011
Champions, of the MDWAY State Tournament, will receive a custom Championship Singlet.
Copyright © 2011. All Rights Reserved.